From the opening of our Moscow office in 1991, Cleary Gottlieb has pioneered and established a leading Russian practice. International Financial Law Review named Cleary Gottlieb Russian Law Firm of the Year for 2017, which was the eighth time the firm received this award over its 14-year history.
Cleary Gottlieb is a pioneer in globalizing the legal profession.
Since 1946 our lawyers and staff have worked across practices, industries, jurisdictions and continents to provide clients with simple, actionable approaches to their most complex legal and business challenges, whether domestic or international. We support every client relationship with intellectual agility, commercial acumen and a human touch.
We have a proven track record for serving with innovation. We are fluent in the many languages of local and global business. And we have achieved consistent success in multiple jurisdictions.
Clients know Cleary for our signature approach to serving their needs:
- Skilled resolution of high-profile, complex legal and business challenges
- A sharp focus on the issues that matter most
- A commitment to addressing our clients’ immediate needs and advancing their longer-term strategic goals
One World, One Firm
We have 16 offices in major financial centers around the world, but we operate as a single, integrated global partnership and not a U.S. firm with a network of overseas locations.
- All Cleary clients enjoy access to the full resources provided by our offices and lawyers worldwide.
- The firm employs approximately 1,200 lawyers from more than 50 countries.
- Cleary received Chambers and Partners’ inaugural International Law Firm of the Year award, recognizing our global practice and our pioneering tradition of developing homegrown talent in the different countries where we operate.